- Oct 13, 2018: The conference pictures have been uploaded.
- Oct 12, 2018: FACS’18 proceedings (LNCS 11222) are available online.
- Oct 11, 2018: The best paper award has been announced.
- Sep 5, 2018: Moonzoo Kim (KAIST, Korea) will be the third invited speaker at FACS 2018.
- Aug 31, 2018: Program is now available.
- Aug 13, 2018: The list of accepted papers is now available.
- Aug 8, 2018: Registration is open. Early registration due September 19.
- Aug 6, 2018: The title and abstract of invite talks are updated:
- Edward A. Lee: What Good Are Formal Models?
- Grigore Rosu: Formal Design, Implementation and Verification of Blockchain Languages
June 21, 2018: Deadline extension: new paper submission deadline: June 25
- Apr 4, 2018: Edward A. Lee (University of California, Berkeley) and Grigore Rosu (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) will be the invited speakers at FACS 2018.
- Mar 14, 2018: FACS 2018 poster is available.
Component-based software development proposes sound engineering principles and techniques to cope with the complexity of present-day software systems. However, many challenging conceptual and technological issues remain in component-based software development theory and practice. Furthermore, the advent of repliche orologi service-oriented and cloud computing, cyber-physical systems, and the Internet of Things has brought to the fore new dimensions, such as quality of service and robustness to withstand faults, which require revisiting established concepts and developing new ones.
FACS 2018 is concerned with how formal methods can be applied to component-based software and system development. Formal methods have provided foundations for component-based software through research on mathematical models for components, composition and adaptation, and rigorous approaches to verification, deployment, testing, and certification.
Paper submission deadline: June 25, 2018 (AoE)
June 15, 2018
Notification: August 8, 2018
Conference: October 10-12, 2018
Doctoral Track submission deadline: August 31, 2018 (AoE)
Doctoral Track notification: September 5, 2018